Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I just don't know what to do with myself

One day as a level 70 and I just don't know what to do! Rather, I don't know where to begin. There's so much that I want to do (raid Kara, fight the trolls in Zul'Aman, battle my way through SSC and TK, then help take down the Black Temple) but I need to make sure my foundation is solid before I start trying to build on top of it. But there's so much to do, where should I begin?

I started last night in Thunder Bluff, having completed my available training the night before. So, I hit the auction house and treated myself to a few goodies. I bought [The Essence Focuser], which seems like a nice melee/casting weapon, especially if I put a +22 int enchantment on it; [Idol of the Moon], which I realize isn't the best idol around, but it'll do more for me and my playstyle than [Idol of the Wild], considering I don't even *have* Mangle; and the [Ace of Lunacy], which was a total splurge but it was on sale for a lower price than I've ever seen an ace (only about 120 g). I now have the Ace, Two, and Four, so I'm on my way to [Darkmoon Card: Madness]. Woot!

Other than that, I spent the rest of the night dicking around, chatting, and killing a few mobs. I turned in the remainder of my completed quests, so I can someday make back that gold I just spent, and did the daily cooking quest. I chose the [Barrel of Fish], but didn't get a recipe. Maybe because I'm not maxed out on my cooking? I did get an [Enormous Barbed Gill Trout] for my off-hand, though. Heh.

So now what? Gear and my Kara key, I guess. I've been debating with myself about my balance spec, but I think I'm going to keep it the same for now. I like being able to kill most things on my own and do some damage in instances, yet still be able to pop into caster form for an emergency heal when needed. The other option I'm considering is going fully resto, which seems like it would be more useful for the rest of the guild but probably not quite as much fun for me individually.

I'm researching which gear I should go for now. There's not a balance dungeon set, but I was reading yesterday about a Stormrage Raiment look-alike set that looks pretty hot. I'll probably start trying to collect the Moonglade Raiment at the same time, for its +heal bonuses. With either of those sets I should be geared appropriately for heroics and will then start thinking seriously about Kara. I can work on my key at the same time as I work on my gear so that when I'm ready, I'll be ready.

No comments: